The Law Office of Ryan M. Tutera is an innovative law firm based on the time tested principles of dedication and hard work. Our Pittsburgh criminal defense firm is committed to serving the needs of our clients in Pennsylvania and throughout the United States.
The legal process is complex and daunting. Attorney Ryan M. Tutera is an experienced former prosecutor who has the skills and knowledge to help you navigate through the legal process and provide you with the most effective representation.
Our firm was founded by attorney Ryan M. Tutera, who always had an interest in the concepts of justice, freedom and liberty. He wanted to help people accused of state and federal crimes who seemingly have the odds stacked up against them.
Before becoming a defense lawyer, Mr. Tutera was an assistant district attorney of Allegheny County for five years. He has tried hundreds of jury and nonjury cases on both sides, which gives him insight into how the government builds a prosecution — and how to defend against it. He has earned the respect and trust of former clients, judges and colleagues, and has represented clients in cases that received local, statewide and national attention.
- 2006, Pennsylvania
- Western Michigan University Thomas M. Cooley Law School, Class of 2005, J.D.
- University of Pittsburgh, Class of 2001, B.A.
Awards & Recognition
- Super Lawyer, Super Lawyers, 2020
- Top 40 under 40, National Trial Lawyers Association, 2016
- Top 40 Under 40, National Trial Lawyers Association, 2015
- Top 40 under 40, National Trial Lawyers Association, 2014
Associations & Memberships
- Pennsylvania Bar Association, 2015 - Present
- Allegheny County Bar Association, 2006 - Present
- Pennsylvania Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- Westmoreland County Bar Association
- Washington County Bar Association
- PSU-Continuing Education Series-CPA/CLE, Body of a Crime- An introduction to the criminal justice system, 2014
- PSU-Continuing Education Series-CPA/CLE, Introduction to Criminal Law, 2013